This past weekend wasn't a terribly exciting weekend for us. Friday night, we went to see Knocked Up. I never usually go see movies in the theater on the opening day but we didn't have anything else planned. It was surprisingly not crowded although I'm sure that had more to do with the fact that it costs a small fortune to go to the theater now.
I thought Knocked Up was very cute and VERY funny. I was a huge fan of Freaks and Geeks when it was on TV and was sad that it only lasted one season. It was great to see several of the cast members together in the movie (Four of the original cast were in the movie although James Franco's part was small... and he played himself):

Man, I miss this show.
We didn't go out or anything Friday night because we had to get up early on Saturday to meet with our wedding photographer in his office. His office is in Virginia and it takes us a little over an hour to get there (again, I wonder why I chose this guy). We had to be there at 9:30am. Ugh.
I had my doubts about this guy because we did a TON of posed pictures. I have jumped on the "photojournalism" bandwagon and have grown to love this style of photography. I was worried that we didn't have any candid shots. I was wrong. We loved the photos... we even loved all of the posed bridal party pictures (since the majority of them are super silly). He put together an amazing photo album layout (THAT is why we chose this guy) and we had to approve them. They are amazing.
The photographer pulled a fast one on us, though. After we "ooh"ed and "aah"ed the layout, he said to us, "Normally the albums are only 30 pages but since you guys had so many pictures, the album came out to 40 pages." I thought to myself, "SCORE!" Not quite. He then went on to say, "So - if you want, you can go through the layouts again and remove the 2-page spreads you don't like." Okay... now I'm confused. He continued, "...Because each additional spread is $100." WHAT?! How sneaky. I even said, "Wow - you're sneaky" to which he laughed, kind of evil-like. How could we remove anything NOW?! We loved the entire album. So, we sucked it up and plunked down the additional $500. I mean, we'll have this album for the rest of our lives. But seriously, he's very very sneaky, no?
He gave us our proof book (love it!) and we got to select one picture to be enlarged to a 20x24 print with a custom frame. Where the hell are we going to hang this picture? He said that the album will be available in about a month and he'll also put it online. When we pick up the album, we'll also get all of the digital pics on CD as well as the 2 parent albums. Whoo!
Our DVD was also ready and oh boy, that was a HOT mess. I mean, we got what we paid for in terms of a videographer. He was pretty cheap. The editing was quite bizarre (although there are some parts I really liked) and he used Celine Dion's music as the background. What? Was he even AT the wedding? To make matters worse, the DVD ends with a little message of congratulations... except that it's spelled "Congratulation". Ack!
I'm kind of hypersensitive about my culture. I mean, I can totally poke fun at myself and my family... but god forbid anyone else do it. The quickest way to irritate me is to mock an asian accent. I'm really not sure why non-asians find this to be so funny... or why they would think that an asian person WOULD find it funny? I get that some asians are fine with this. I'm not. Now I have this DVD that perpetuates the stereotype of asians not speaking English. Ugh. Just shoot me now!
Wow - this was kind of a long post so I'm splitting my weekend recap into 2 parts. Part deux will come tomorrow... although its not that exciting.
More pictures from the wedding du jour
So, we took the day before the wedding off of work (it was a Friday) and decided to do things we've always wanted to do but never did like Ride the Ducks! Its a fantastic land and sea tour of Baltimore. I *really* wanted to do this for the quacker.

Here's another picture from the morning of the wedding. I stayed in a hotel room with 2 of my BMs. Theresa was having a great time doing somersaults on the bed (one time she actually fell OFF of the bed):

A shot of the *fabulous* flip-flops Theresa bought for everyone. I'd rave about the company but I think the workmanship was poor as my flip-flops started to fall apart rather quickly (although not as quickly as Theresa's) and considering they cost a small fortune... it kind of irritates me. That company gets no love from me! (Like the matching toenails?)

The Mr. also worried about spilling red wine on himself before the wedding...
3 comments:
I've heard great things about Knocked Up as well. I can't stand Izzie from Grey's Anatomy so that's the thing stopping me from watching it. I'll DVD it when it comes out. I'm convinced the only movie I'll see in the theater this summer is Harry Potter :)
I can't wait to see the pictures! Do you know if the digital prints have his watermark all over them?
btw - I hope I never offended you. Sometimes I do an Asian accent. I honestly don't mean it to be demeaning...after all I'm going to eventually have a little Asian daughter :)
I'm catching up on all your new blog posts, but just giving you a heads-up that I "tagged" you for a meme.
I also need to update my blogroll with your new site!
Oh, and I'm sooooo excited to see your pics! From the few pics you've posted, you were GORGEOUS on your wedding day!!!
Post a Comment