Monday, June 25, 2007

Weekend in Review

First, I am excited to announce that I managed to convince Jamie to start his own blog! Whoo hoo! Jamie - I'll be sure to add you to my "I'm Addicted To..." list of sites. Now who else can I convince? Eric - I wasn't kidding when I told you to start a blog.

So, wow - what a weekend. It definitely doesn't compare to Jamie's but I feel like I was pretty active. Friday night - The Mr. and I met up with Theresa and Jamie for a magical dinner at The Melting Pot. Hooray for fondue! We were super lame and didn't go out afterwards (like SOMEBODY) but I haven't been sleeping well and the idea of staying up past 10pm made my head hurt.

Saturday morning, I went with Theresa to check out a couple of places around Baltimore as potential places to live (for her). The Mr. and I have been trying to convince Theresa to move to Baltimore for awhile now because (1) she bakes delicious goodies (2) cooks delicious meals and (3) she's fun. And we thought she could use a change of scenery. We checked out 2 places near 2 of the places I used to live. The first place was almost diagonal from our FAVORITE pizza place (I totally voted for this place). The girl was nice although she had a tragic sense of fashion. The next place was with 2 smarty-pants guys (both are pursuing a doctorate) and just seemed, well... um... boring? Anywho - I just got a message from Theresa last night that she's officially moving to our favorite pizza place...er... right across from it. Whoo hoo!

That afternoon we went to another countertop store (we were quoted like $1k LESS than Home Depot... kids, it pays to go to non-chain stores) and we went to Great Falls Park. Technically we were at the C&O Canal Park since we stayed on the Maryland side but it was gorgeous, the weather wasn't too icky and it was nice to be active in nature. And here are the photos to prove that I am capable of hiking on rocks...

Theresa and The Mr. read about the dangers of the Potomac:


A nice view from an overlook:


This is a view of The Mr. looking DOWN at me and Theresa. I cannot begin to tell you how much I was freaking out. I get vertigo on LADDERS... and I don't even mean the kind that are like 30 ft high, I mean the kind that you use IN YOUR HOME TO CHANGE A LIGHTBULB. I clung to the rocks and I wouldn't look down. I'm such a weenie. There were people climbing up with children strapped to their backs with no problems.


More pictures of the crazy trail (this is me having difficulty getting down):


We hiked the Billy Goat Trail and I would like to point out that it is described as:
Strenuous. Be prepared for this trail. See cautions. It is a very physically demanding trail. Scrambling over angled rocks, boulders and climbing are required. Beautiful views of Mather Gorge and river...

Okay, now I'm just bragging. I actually made it through something described as strenuous. Go me! How was everyone elses' weekend?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jamie said...

What are you talking about??!?!
Sounds like you had a busy weekend too. So the quote for the countertop was less, but are you still without a kitchen for 2 weeks?

Yay!! Theresa is going to be a Balti-moron like the rest of us! :)