So, this weekend is going to be a very big weekend. For those of you not in the know, Sunday is my birthday! Whoo hoo! I generally try to stretch my birthday celebration over the course of several days so I'm pretty pumped that it falls on a Sunday thus making me seem less crazy for trying to claim this entire weekend. Hello? I'm special. Love me! Shower me with adoration.
Tonight, The Mr. is taking me out to dinner at some surprise location. He dropped this bomb on me Wednesday night in what I felt was a hilarious exchange:
Mr: So... do you want to go out to dinner Friday night?
Me: Eh... no. I've eaten out too much this week. I need to take a break.
Mr: [obviously a little flustered] Well... too bad because I made reservations.
Me: Whaaaa...?! [Sometimes I like to not pronounce the "t"] Where?
Mr: Its a surprise.
Me: So basically, the plans were already solidified? Why did you even ask if I wanted to go?!
Mr: I thought you'd say yes.
Me: Well you're lucky I didn't make any plans. I was thisclose to making plans.
So there you have it. I guess its not that funny, huh? I don't know where we're going but it better be good! He said he made reservations at a place I've always wanted to go to (and that doesn't really help because there are LOTS of restaurants I've always wanted to try).
Tomorrow, The Mr. and I (and potentially some friends except for Theresa who dreamt that we engaged in fisticuffs over this event) are going to check out Artscape. Artscape is a great local event that showcases artists, good food and great music (all for free!). I'm basically going because I have a hankering for some funnel cake since I saw the commercial on TV showing a woman munching on one.
Sunday will be my birthday brunch at Little Havanas and I'm pretty excited for that too. All you can drink Mimosas and Bloody Mary's! My liver will be in a lot of pain. But luckily I took the day off on Monday. The Mr. and I are going to do some dorky sight-seeing in Philly (I want to see the Libery Bell). Whoo! Oh - and I got an interview for the position I applied for! Its a crazy couples of days coming up.
Now onto my list. Holy hell - its really f'n difficult to come up with a 101 things. I'm halfway there though and here is what I just added:
36. Go on a random road trip
37. Shoot a shotgun
38. Do a thorough evaluation of wardrobe and donate all unwanted items
39. Bake and decorate a cake for someone (from scratch!)
40. Try "GoSmile" tooth whitening
41. Visit Divine's grave in Towson
42. See a show at the 9:30 Club in DC
43. Ride a bike along the entire NCR trail (approx 20 miles)
44. Walk across the Bay Bridge
45. Visit all the state parks in Maryland
46. See a Drag show
47. Participate in a peaceful protest
48. Adopt another dog
49. Take a self-defense class
50. Read Pride & Prejudice
51. Watch Gone with the Wind
Gerard suggested that I add these items:
- Swim with a dolphin (dolphins scare me)
- Have an orgy (I think The Mr. might have a problem with this unless the 3rd person was Jessica Alba; plus - I think one on one can be confusing enough sometimes.)
- Do a citizen's arrest (I'd LOVE to do this especially with Thug Life on my block but I think I'd get shot.)
- Punch someone in the face (I have ALWAYS wanted to do this but I'm at the age where I'd probably get charged with assault. We don't want that.)
- Meet the original members of Van Halen
Come on people, suggest some! What's everyone up to this weekend?
And my apologies for slacking on the wedding pics. Here are some more. I call these "Uncomfortable Bridal Portraits":
This one is going on the Christmas card:
1 comment:
haha...I can't wait for my Christmas card...priceless!!
I'm UBER excited to share in your birthday celebration this weekend...I'm all about Mimosas and food...and YOU!! :-)
Have fun at Artscape. I've never been, but I do know that whenever it's going on the parking in the gayborhood is DREADFUL! I guess I can suffer for one weekend out of the year.
Um...hello? You haven't been to a drag show?!?! We totally have to pop your cherry on this one. Chris Peterson is at Hippo this Tuesday...he/she's supposed to be amazing, but I know it's a work night. I'll be there because I seem to always miss him/her when he/she is in town
I'll check the drag calendar and let you know what's coming up. You can invite the fella at work that was upset that we popped your gay bar cherry...that way he can pop your drag queen cherry :-)
Post a Comment