Thursday, August 30, 2007

My Worst Nightmare

Before I get into how my first class was... I just want to give a big shout out to our dog walker! I *love* this company and if you live in Baltimore and are in search of a kick ass dog-walking service that doesn't charge an obscene amount of money, check out Walk the Dog.

Yesterday was the first official walk for P and E and I was a little worried. I mean, can you imagine being a dog and having a complete stranger walk into your house and take you? I left a really long and dorky note apologizing for the mess and random missing furniture explaining that we're doing home renovations. I'm not sure why I felt compelled to explain the state of our house. I worry what strangers think, apparently.

Anywho - I came home yesterday to see that the dog walker, Molly, left US a note and it was so cute. Molly is one of the owners of the company and we met with her originally to go over their schedule. She's awesome and here is what she wrote:
Hi [The Mr and Mrs Twink]-
So... I think I'm in love! P and E are darling! I took them for a once around the block (to get acquainted) and then we went to the park. They both only did #1s. There was an accident (1s and 2s) on the kitchen floor that I cleaned up, but I have no idea who was responsible for that - P & E aren't talking. Ha Ha. I gave them each a treat and freshened up their H2O. Thank you for your excellent note! Super! I left it here so you can reuse it next week.
Thanks so much!
Molly


Molly won't be our normal dog walker which is why I left the long note outlining everything in the house. But seriously - how cute is she? AND (!!) she complimented my note.

Now onto my worst nightmare. The first day of class. I'm one of the oldest students in the class (the oldest being a retired nurse) and one of the coolest. Ha! But seriously - the classroom was setup strangely in that there weren't desks. It was like one giant conference table that everyone sat around and the professor gave her presentation in the front. My neck is STILL sore from having to keep it turned for 2.5 hours. AND we were literally sitting chair pressed to chair. I couldn't move!

For the rest of this bitch post, I'll just list out why this class was my worst nightmare:
1. The professor's English is AWFUL. I know that sounds messed up but I have a hard time following someone if I can't understand them. This shocks most people since my mother is korean and many people have a hard time understanding her and yet I can understand her just fine. My mom is my threshold for understanding those who's English is their second language. I tried very hard to follow this professor (she's chinese) but there were a few times where I was like, "What did she just say?" Crap.
2. We have a GROUP project that counts for 35% of our grade! Ack! I hate group work. Hate it hate it hate it. I knew I'd have this eventually during the program but not for my first class. Sheesh. And I know nobody. Who knows what their work ethic is? My criteria, I've decided, is to group with people who have full-time jobs and work experience outside of an internship.
3. We have to do two presentations. ACK! What's worst than a group project? Having to present something!! I loathe this. Even so - its quite intense. We have to present our project and then an article related to the course (as well as set up discussions on the online forum). Shoot me now.
4. I FARTED in class. Seriously. Why me? It wasn't a smelly one or a loud one. It was the one where you've been holding it forever and then is just sneaks out. I think I was stretching. I am really hoping the guy next to me either didn't hear it or thought it was my cell phone buzzing. Either way, I'm pretty sure I can scratch him from wanting to group up with me.

This sucks.

6 comments:

Terri: said...

OMG!!! You had me crying I was laughing so hard when I was reading this. Maybe you should take Beano before class. hahahaha!

bricknhymr said...

I am glad to hear your first day went well, though I think you may have become that smelly kid... Never a good thing.

Theresa said...

who are these dog walkers . . . they are ruining my hobby!

Jamie said...

Molly is too cute...too bad she's not your regular walker, but hopefully your new walker will be just as cool.

Congrats on getting through day 1 of Grad School...I'm so proud of you...even if you did toot :)

Scooter McFly said...

congrats on your first day, you stinky butt. lol ... i loved the line, "I am really hoping the guy next to me either didn't hear it or thought it was my cell phone buzzing." priceless. i fart all the time at work ... half the time i don't mean to and the other half i do it to keep people away from me. usually i just blame it on bag-lady tho.

eww, did you smell her? like raw sewage, i say to people when she walks by.

glad your first day went well tho, aside from not understanding your prof. maybe she can use visual aide from now on in class and point to very big engrish words on powerpoint.

<3 you tons and tons!

Unknown said...

LMAO!

Kim don't even worry about it honey. Even if your the oldest(and temporarily the funkiest) in the class, I'm sure you're the most fabulous!

Also, while your on the subject of recieving outside "services", don't feel bad about using them. (I drop my clothes off at the Laundromat weekly for someone else to wash and I have a cleaning lady. I'm just too freakin busy) P and E need all the attention (love) they can get. However, I do advise you put a hidden videocam in your house just to make sure noone's mistreating them.lol j/k okay I'm not, but in the event something goes down keep me on speed dial because I will kick someone's a$$! :-)