Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Benefit of the Doubt

I have a very short temper. Is it obvious?

After reading some comments (btw - HI LINDSAY! Thanks for commenting), I realize that perhaps I'm being a little harsh. I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and say that she's stressed HOWEVER, I would like to point out that I didn't treat any of my friends like turds during wedding planning. I'm just saying.

But some people think that I'm starting trouble with my little post and I really don't think that I am as I am prepared to be 100% honest about my interpretation of the events that took place. I'm not going to sugar coat anything to prevent hurt feelings because I think some folks (not me, actually) deserve an apology. And a frickin thank you!

Aaaand... I'm done. I don't want to start trouble. I really don't! But I also don't like seeing people getting treated poorly when its not deserved. I'll never understand why some folks (and I'm not even talking about BTB here) think that if they're having a bad day or a bad life in general, they can be crappy to everyone. It really irritates me. Look - its not my fault you've been dealt a crappy hand so don't treat me like dirt.

Stepping off of the soapbox...

I was going to blog about the boys' version of the bachelor party but its not really my story to tell. Its hilarious but not my story so I'm not telling it. But it was hysterical that all of us were texting back and forth with our boys all night. Ha!

This is a short post because there's too much going on at the moment so share some comments with me! I need entertaining. :)

8 comments:

Terri: said...

I don't think you're starting any trouble with that post. That's what these things are for -- to get stuff off our chests. It's an online diary that we all happen to let everyone read. :)

I would try and give the BTB the benefit of the doubt, but -- now this is just what I would do -- I would mention to her how she acted that night towards you and the other guests. You're absolutely right, it isn't fair for her to treat people poorly.

I'm a true believer in good manners -- even when I'm pissed off! Well, at least, I try to be.

MrsTwink said...

Agreed, Terri. And it was actually YOUR comment that made me post about giving her the benefit of the doubt. :)

Terri: said...

Really? I hope I didn't sound snarky in my comment -- I didn't mean to.

And, I'm sure you already know this, but I wasn't calling you the "bridezilla" -- I was calling the BTB that. :)

Jamie said...

Terri is a snarky bitch...don't listen to her :)

Seriously, you're terrific. I don't think you were trying to ruffle any feathers, and like you said, you are planning on saying these things to BTB so what difference does it make?

I'll have to get the story from the Mr one day, because you totally got my curiousity going nuts! :)

Scooter McFly said...

if i were you i'd have just cut her. that usually solves all problems. a good cutting lets people know where you stand.

moving on ...

naw, you're not trying to start trouble and i'm sorry, being the BTB does not give you the right to trample on others. a good BTB would be gracious enough to thank EVERYONE for their gifts, regardless how she felt about them ... and she can always regift them later if she doesn't like them. and to tell theresa to "shut up"? oh no. wrong move. i think "shut up" is highly disrespectful and, tho i do slip, i try to avoid saying it. i would have slapped her than night, BTB or not.

Unknown said...

omg, i LOVE getting shout outs!! i feel so honored and special.

so i in turn will make you feel honored and special by telling you that you are now on my list of blogs to stalk. i like blog stalking.

factor's girl has a great blog (www.thesmackfactor.com) if you are bored and looking to live by reading about other people's lives! then when we all get to Puerto Rico, everyone will know everything about everybody without ever having talked to them, it will be FANTASTIC!

maria said...

Hi Mrs. Twink! I meant to comment yesterday, but work got the best of me.

First of all, I am honored to be listed on your blog roll...LOVE me some dooce, perez, and weddingbee (I plan to check out all the other ones you read, too).

Second, I am glad we went home when we did ;)

Third, I like that you tell it like it is...that's why I find your blog refreshing.

Fourth, I second that you should check out smackfactor.com...I think you guys would get along well :)

Fifth, I can't f*ing wait until PR.

Nanette said...

I have nothing exciting to comment, so instead I will virtually dance for you to keep you entertained.

[insert mental image of me dancing fabulously]