So I was going to post pictures of our new hardwood floors and painted living/dining room but found something else of interest that I just wanted to share today (I promise to post pics tomorrow).
Anywho - I found out that a co-worker of mine started a blog. You have no idea how much I love that people I know are starting blogs! I love reading new stuff. I mean - look at the blogs I read to the right of this screen. I read this stuff almost daily (and give Geoff and Jamie a hard time when they're not posting on a regular basis!).
Most of the blogs I read share my sense of humor. Sarcastic, silly and sometimes a little mean and crass (that would be Geoff's blog... ha!). My co-worker's is much much different. He's a very sweet kid but a little... um... religious? I don't look down on him for it - I just know that he and I have different interests. I still find him to be hilarious at work and he always seems to have good intentions (although he DID tell me that having a woman perform my wedding ceremony was unholy). Anywho - I'm not linking his blog because I'm not sure how "out there" he wants it to be but I recently engaged in a slight comment bashing from one of his friends.
The co-worker refers to my vegetarian lifestyle (as well as my newfound appreciation for the environment) as my "alternative lifestyle". I don't have the heart to explain to him what that REALLY means so I just laugh it off. On one of his posts, he mentions "evangelising" the city (where I live) and how his group concluded at Five Guys (a burger fast food place). So... here is the commenting fun that took place. Enjoy!
MrsTwink said...
[co-worker] - I am THRILLED that you started a blog! I love getting a glimpse into people's lives outside of work.
While I think its great that you're helping out the city - I think you should start thinking about HELPING ANIMALS and stop eating them! Five Guys? Do you write these things to hurt me? :) Just kidding. I won't force my "alternative lifestyle" on you although I hope you're utilizing the company's recycling program!
September 4, 2007 11:17 AM
This seems pretty sarcastic, right? Its obvious, isn't it?
[Co-Worker] said...
I don't use anything that requires use of the company's recycling program....but if I did, I'd be sure to forget to recycle it and put it in my trash can :)
And if it makes you feel any better, I only got the "little" cheesburger, which consisted of one patty of cow flesh instead of the standard 2.
And whoo boy let me tell you, tonight I'll probably be going to Outback STEAKhouse, to treat a friend to a STEAK dinner for his birthday. And I, of course, will partake of my customary Prime Rib 12oz seasoned and seared, cooked medium with a ceasar salad side and brocolli...gotta get my vegetables! :)
September 4, 2007 12:17 PM
He understood my sarcasm and his response made me laugh.
[Random 3rd party friend of co-worker who doesn't get my sarcasm] said...
gosh, who can live without meat??? red meat, yum. that's what those animals live for - and you'd let their lives go to waste??? that's cruel (not you [co-worker], the other dude)
September 4, 2007 4:57 PM
She called me a DUDE! My name is MRS Twink. I mean, I know what a Twink is (thanks The Mr. and Geoff!!) but still. Come on! Anywho - I got that she was joking so I poked back.
[Co-worker] said...
Yes yes, [MrsTwink] has adopted this "alternative lifestyle" of no meat. Which is fine I respect that... I just really love my carnivorous appitites :)
September 4, 2007 5:23 PM
Still - the comment makes me laugh.
MrsTwink said...
[Co-Worker] - I will convert you to love the environment eventually.
And cruel to NOT eat animals? My head is about to explode from the ridiculousness of that comment. Animals are not here for our consumption. Wow - for some god-loving people, you sure don't love and respect god's creatures. :-)
September 5, 2007 8:44 AM
Again, JOKING. Obvious, right? I even added the dorky smiley face. Sheesh.
[Same 3rd party friend of co-worker who can't take a joke] said...
well, the not eating them was kinda playing around (borrowed the concept from doug adams' restaurant at the end of the universe, if you know your sci-fi literature), but seriously, i get anemic and useless without a regular intake of good red meat and i'm sorry if that bothers people, but i'm not gonna spend my life dizzy for the sake of a cow. as cute as they be.
September 5, 2007 3:26 PM
And here is where I don't understand "religious people". You know - I deal with jokes about my ethnicity and even try, very hard, to explain why North Korea and South Korea are different to people like my co-worker. Most of the time, people are joking. But geezy peezy, make a joke about religion and people get all sensitive! Even so - isn't it strange (at least in MY experience) that the most intolerant people are religious? In the past, I've been told by RELIGIOUS people (and be religious, I generally mean that they attend church regularly, pray regularly, etc.):
- I'm going to hell (since I haven't been baptized).
- I should read the bible (this wasn't a polite suggestion - more of a dig at me and my life)
- Being married by a woman is unholy
I'm not saying ALL religious people are this way. I used to live with a somewhat religious girl (hey Angie!) and I love her to death and she is still, hands down, one of the best people I know. But aren't religious people supposed to love all? Accept all? Forgive all? Why is religion always called into play when denouncing homosexuality? Women's rights (pro-choice)? Etc... etc.
Btw - I'm not trying to start any serious sort of discussion or piss people off. I'm just kind of venting AND laughing at the comment sniping. :-) (look - a smiley face! I'm being playful!! look at him! its a SMILEY face!!)
Thursday, September 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
your smiley face can be a woman. why's it have to be "look at him". haha. :)~
i have a tendency towards iron deficiency, too but i don't think it's up to cows to make me feel less queasy if that's the argument... spinach and other "leafy greens" have plenty of iron. although i do love a good cheeseburger or steak - i'll recycle everything i can find but i couldn't cut out the beef. :)
i've become kind of cynical about religion myself. yes, me, the one who forced you to come to "youth group" events with me while in middle and high school. i joke with my dad (the catholic in the family) that some of the meanest drivers on the road are catholics coming out of church trying desperately to get out of the parking lot! it's "peace be with you" in mass but then "get the hell out of my way" and road rage so they can get to denny's for brunch. it's hypocritical. i would rather worship on my own, should i so chose, than to go through the traditional "stand up, sit down, kneel, peace, fight through the parking lot" that i feel church has become. i feel like most people just go through the motions anyway and it doesn't mean that much to them but they feel better being able to say "i go to church every sunday". i'd rather say "i'm a good person every day". how bout that for a comment! :)
btw - your kitchen floors look beautiful!!
i'm upset at you ... you and your pagan ways ... i'm am extremely religious (jesus is my bro) and i take great personal offense to any religious jibe you may throw ANYone's way.
shame on you, sinner. shame on you.
by the way, my jesus is black ... and so is santa claus!
HAHAHA!!...OK first of all I would like to say WTF! I mean what was she trying to have a "blog off" or something? How pathetic. LOL Anemic my ass. CORRECTION: BALEMI
C! Note: Is balemic the starvation or throw up disease? lol (Not to poke fun but for the sake of this comment it's going to be the throwup disease) She probably needed to eat meat because her ass constantly threw it up in OUTBACK'S toilet. J/K..ok I'm not but I don't play when it comes to my Kimmy.
NEXT!...
Did (s)he really say it was unholy to be married by a woman? Um was (s)he serious? Ok Kim you know how ignorant and asshole-like I can get so we can discuss this in further detail in person. LOL I'll just leave it at that. BTW did I tell you I had a friend come out the closet a few weeks ago. He said it was the most liberating and RELIGOUS experience he ever had in his life. LOL O God forgive me.
Post a Comment