1. House
2. Car
3. Sealy Posturpedic Memory Foam Magical Mattress (this shit is expensive!)
4. Living Room Furniture
5. 42" Plasma TV (The Mr. will argue that HE bought it but we're married now and were living together when this purchase was made so it counts that both of us bought it!)
and now...
6. A Nikon D80!
Hello, my precious...
We went back and forth about whether or not we should buy this, or go for a different, less expensive model... blah blah blah. We finally decided that we'd rather pay a few hundred dollars more for a camera that has more features so it will give us something to grow into.
This camera is magical. I definitely need to learn A LOT as I know I'm not even close to using it to its full potential yet. But its magic. And I think we've taken about 250 pictures of our dogs so far (and we only got the camera Monday night).
The Mr. thinks we should start selling our photos are art fairs and charge ridiculous amounts of money for the prints. Wealthy yuppies seem to think that if something is expensive, it must be special. I'm pretty sure we could sell something. This comes from going to Artscape this past year and going into a photographer's tent and seeing that she was charging $500-600 for an 8x10 print that wasn't really anything exciting or special.
We're also going to take Kristin and Jackson's "save the date" photo and I have all of these fab ideas (mostly inspired by other photographers). I'm so frickin' excited! I'm bummed that school and work seem to get in the way of my learning this magical contraption.
Any advice for this budding photographer?
9 comments:
Nudes are always very artsy when tastfully done...I have an idea who your subject could be...HOT!
haha!!!
Seriously, congrats on the new purchase, it'll be hard to smuggle into a concert, but I guess you could always use your old camera for that :)
Have a GREAT weekend!!
Let me know how you like the camera-- I usually buy Canons and I'm curious how easy the Nikon is to use!
Ohhh that looks so fun! Bring it to dinner missy - I want to see it! We'll see you tomorrow night -we'll plan on being to your house at around 6:30. Ciao!
What a beautiful camera! I'd like to take it home for dinner and introduce it to my mom. "Mom, this is Camera. We're in loooove." :)
I've been loving those cameras from afar for a while now, but since I have absolutely zero photographer ability I fear it would be an absolute waste. But then wouldn't it have to take better pictures than the little camera I have now, even on the idiot settings? I don't know, it's a dilemma. But congratulations on your purchase--I hope you'll be very happy together!
insanely jealous of your new toy! I have been begging for one like this for quite some time now. I suppose I should turn up the heat a bit and start reminding my better half that our first born will feel slighted when she sees gorgeous prints of her younger siblings, resulting in years of costly therapy, so save yourself the cash brother and get me the dang camera already!
PS. I think you are hysterical and link to you from my own blog. Hope that flies with you.
Congrats on the new toy! I love new gadgets!
I'm with you on spending a bit more for something you know you'll keep and enjoy.
d80 represent! we absolutely LOVE ours. it's a FANTASTIC camera. we've been hearing so much hype about Canons and how we should switch, but i'm staying loyal to Nikon...for now... :) we can trade tips in PR! are you going to post any of your first pics?
i just saw your photography inspiration links on the sidebar...jesh and jessica are my FAVORITES!! you have great taste :)
Post a Comment