Friday, November 23, 2007

Success and a Disappointing Friday

First and foremost, we survived Thanksgiving. The majority of our items had to be reheated in the microwave because it took frickin' forever for the stuffed turkey breast to cook all the way through (that's what happens when you try to cook 3 things simultaneously in a small oven) but it looked delicious, was delicious and nobody got sick. I thought the Tofurkey was fabulous although if you ask The Mr. he'll probably tell you something different.

Once dinner concluded, I had another thing to be thankful for and that was the dishwasher. We still had to handwash many items (we used our china! whoo hoo!), but it was still awesome to not have to worry about the majority of the dishes. Oh sweet dishwasher, how I love thee.

And as many of you know, today was "Black Friday", the busiest shopping day of the year. I wasn't really looking for much this year, I kind of gave up on certain items (like the frickin' Wii! The makers of Nintendo are marketing geniuses, I tell ya) - I still enjoy going out on this day because its tradition. Actually, for the last few years (I don't even remember for how long?), its been a tradition with Theresa. She's my serious shopping pal. We always manage to find great deals. We met up this morning around 10am and boy - what a let down. I usually score some awesome items at some ridiculous sale price but not this year. The only store that had any sort of sale was Banana Republic! So disappointing.

And now I'm at my computer about to bust out one of two projects I need to complete this weekend. Oh the joys of school. Why did I decide to go back again?

Hope everyone had a great holiday! And if you scored something at a ridiculous deal, please share your story with me!

4 comments:

Kate said...

As I am cooped up on the couch with Ian at my beck and call - I have been looking at some deals online - Old Navy has some good sweater and jacket sales!

CAG Incognito said...

Twinks! I miss you!

Okay so Turkey Day was pretty cool. Food was excellent as usual. The turkey and roast beef were calling me, but I overcame the urge to devour them. However, I felt like a crack addict going through withdrawal..lol

My shopping excursion today was a total bust as well. Ugh! I was beyond disappointed. I did manage to pick up some sexy little getups from Bebe, but they were hardly on sale. Black Friday sucks!

CAG Incognito said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terri: said...

i spent the weekend in florence, sc and we attempted to shop on black friday and the only great deal i found was a watch that was originally $200 and i got it for $75.

vonni, on the other hand, found some great bargains at old navy and tar-jay.