Okay... so my post about being unproductive? I'm trying to work on that crap now. I've concocted a plan to upload all of my music onto my iPod. I'll do it in phases. Last night's phase included all music that's been residing in my car. Not terribly tough because I don't keep a lot in my car (thanks to having my car broken into and my BURNED cds stolen from the neighborhood crackhead... oh the joys of living in Baltimore).
Most of the cds, however, were burned cds from Ben. They're kickass cds but they didn't have "labels" or whatever so I had to manually enter in all of the info. While most of Ben's music comes with a very nice cover that has the song list info, one of them didn't. Ben, if you're reading this - I'll be interofficing the cd to you so that you can tell me who sings what and the song title. Did I mention that you're awesome?
Anywho - another thing I've been working on is sprucing up this damn blog. I'm bored with the layout. Its nothing imaginative nor is it spectacularly techy. I thought that I'd try my hand at buying my own domain name (cleverly titled: mysocalledweddedlife.com so that people can stop typing that extra "blogspot") and hosting it but what.the.fuck.
Everybody told me to go with Go Daddy. I looked at the plans and don't get it. I need it broken down to me in plain, elementary school-age language. Here are the 2 plans I'm looking at:
Basic Plan
Bloggers' Favorite
Plan Features
• 300MB Disk Space
• 15GB Bandwidth
3 months: Just $2.99/mo
12 mos Save 10%! Just $2.69/mo
24 mos Save 20%! Just $2.39/mo
Economy Plan
Plan Features
• 1GB Disk Space
• 100GB Bandwidth
2 months: Just $4.99/mo
12 mos Save 10%! Just $4.49/mo
24 mos Save 20%! Just $3.99/mo
Okay, not terribly expensive. I should logically go with the Bloggers' Favorite, right? But I don't quite understand the storage space. That's all I get FOREVER? The Mr mentioned that if I went over, I'd have to pay an exorbitant amount of moolah to get more storage space. Huh? Ack!
The Mr then pointed me to Blue Host. Its the same idea, its just a different company. You can see what they offer here. All this for $6.95/month. It seems better, right? And one of these has a Wordpress download or something that I don't get either.
Ryan immediately poo-pooed Blue Host because he's never heard of it.
How is it that I work in IT, am supposed to be somewhat technical and I don't understand this stuff. I don't get it. Help me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sorry, I am of no use to you. I've been with my blogspot address forEVA.
Oh please. Hello! You don't have to understand it. You bring fabulousness to this traditionally humdrum invested field of IT... :-)
Plus we have Ryan around to explain the complicated stuff we need to know (and sometimes even the stuff we don't need to know)..LOL (Love ya BWFE)
I'm of no help either. Sorry! I use Typepad though and have been toying with the idea of my own domain name. Unfortunately some catering company already owns www.lepetitchic.com :(
I'll be on the lookout for the CD and I can get you the track names, artists and album names. I also have some new things I've put together that I can send you. It makes me happy that people actually enjoy my comps.
Also, your calling out my awesomeness really adds some much needed credibility to this blog thingy you've got going. Haha.
Post a Comment