Friday, March 28, 2008

Bridesmaid-zilla?

You know... when I was initially asked to participate in 2 weddings this year (one as a bridesmaid and the other as a maid of honor), I kind of groaned. Not because I don't love my friends and wouldn't happily do anything for them... but because I didn't want to deal with wedding planning stuff again.

It took a bit for me to get into the swing of things but after ordering my dress for Ronny's wedding, I'm here full force. Ronny's maid of honor has begun putting together ideas and setting dates so naturally, I've begun thinking of Kristin's wedding planning stuff.

I bitched previously about the pains of collaborating with a bunch of different girls but now its reaching critical status for me. I am a person that needs quick responses. If you don't respond to me with feedback within a day, I get very very very very very very crazy.

Poor Kristin has been calling her BMs to get them to send her measurements so she can order the dress. While one of them has been responsive, the other one is driving me f'n bonkers.

We're all busy - I get it. But the other bm has been too busy concerning herself with her own wedding planning. While I would love to sympathize, she's not getting married until May 2009... yes, over a year away. Kristin is getting married in 6.5 months.

I've sent them numerous e-mails trying to get dates established and throwing out ideas for parties. Nothing. Nada. I knew I'd end up doing this solo. I've sent out inquiries for prices, created anal retentive spreadsheets (I need therapy) and am constantly writing down ideas or saving off things I find on the internet.

Kristin threw me a bone and sent me the e-mail address of a friend (who I know) that offered to help... and believe me, I will happily take it.

So - while I find myself turning into a psychopath over wedding planning... I found out that another friend is trying to be helpful but isn't collaborating with me about it. And I am getting ridiculously bent out of shape over it.

Seriously - I need help. Once I get my mind set on something, I don't like when the support I need isn't there and I don't like when people outside of my circle of trust are stepping on my toes!

Okay, I must breathe... 10...9...8...

I went from not really wanting to get involved with planning to becoming a bridesmaid-zilla. I need my own TV show!

No comments: