Yesterday was my one and only exam for one of my classes. While I enjoy the not a lot of tests thing in classes, it always worries me. What if I fuck up? I can't really redeem myself from one bad test when there isn't much else to base my grade from.
Sunday I spent 7.5 very painfully bloated and gassy hours with some fellow students to study for this exam. I don't know if eating other people's snacks fucks up my intestines or just the fact that it didn't seem like there was an end in sight, but I was in physical pain from all the gas filling my body. Oy, the pain.
7.5 hours. No joke. And we didn't even finish covering all the topics! My brain has been really fried for the last week because of it (and potentially because I'm just tired of thinking about non-fun stuff like school and work). Last night was the exam. I didn't even look at my notes after Sunday's brain fuck.
So why the hell was it so easy? Why did I finish WELL before anyone else? Why did the proctor (my professor was at some conference in Norway... seriously) look surprised when I handed in my exam? I'm sort of freaking out. The exam was open book (a true indicator that its going to be 1000 times more difficult), consisted of about 8 short answer questions that we got to CHOOSE and one essay.
It took me 2 hours to get through it but I was clearly finished well before anyone else. I scanned the room and everyone was sweating and writing furiously. I went back over my exam and just thought, "fuck it. I wrote this shit out in pen... I'm not rewriting this" and "if I don't know it by now, I'm not going to learn it in the next half hour".
Shit shit shit. I hate when this happens.
Oh and one of my teammates finally wrote me back about how to handle our next deliverable. I'm not sure if it was my emphasis on needing a response TODAY or the fact that I had sent 3 e-mails out within 2 days. My crazy is starting to show a little.
I'm about to go meet up with Angie for lunch who will hopefully make me feel all warm and mushy inside. She's potentially bringing her nephew (who is not even 2) and I hope he doesn't scream or spit up on me. And I also hope he doesn't make my womb ache.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
FIRST! :-)
Tests suck! I wish we didn’t live in a society that has to use them to measure if you learned something. Ugh! I’m so over school…Oh yeah…did I mention how much I hate tests? LOL
I’m sure you did fine.
Those kinds of classes used to make me nervous too. Crossing my fingers that you aced it!
~*kim! yeah, i know i keep saying this, but i'm so sorry about lunch! i feel like we didnt even get a chance to catch up cuz of drew! hahaha. i guess it was good that he at least didnt *scream or spit up on you! but i will tell you, as soon as he got in the car, he passed out! anyway, guess what? guess where i am now. i just got back to pennsylvania. long story short, eric broke his hand at work today so now i have to take care of my *big baby. i so owe you dinner~just adults this time! i still had fun though!
It's time for you to take that vacation. All you are doing it bitching and complaining. This isn't the Twinkie that we like. We want our old Twinkie back!!!
Post a Comment