Monday, July 14, 2008

Needing Structure

I think I need to structure this blog somehow. My thoughts are pretty jumbled up sometimes and are dorky as it sounds, there are a lot of random things/thoughts that occur that I think, "I should blog about this!" By the time I get to a computer though, whatever great thing I was going to write about is forgotten.

I think that if I specialize each day to be about a specific category, it might help to structure my thoughts and maybe make this blog less random and babbly. Is babbly even a word?

My thoughts are to structure it as follows:
Monday - weekend wrap-up (or is this overdone? And also - this runs the risk of being random and babbly but what else is there to really write about on a Monday?)
Tuesday - Vegetarian Cooking. This is to keep me on task with that whole declaration of cooking more dinner.
Wednesday - Movie reviews? If you haven't noticed, I watch a lot of movies. But do I really want this to be a movie review blog? There are plenty of those around (Hi, Gerard!). Maybe this could be an entertainment of any kind (books, tv, movies) review? I watch a lot of TV too. Or maybe even a blurb about some celeb gossip?
Thursday - Wedded life. I mean, this blog IS called my so-called wedded life so you'd think this would have something to do about being married. It never really is. Maybe I should dedicate Thursdays to some sort of topic related to what it's like to be married?
Friday - Rants about stuff? A lot of things irritate me. Maybe I can complain about something every Friday. This might impede on my whole "I'm trying to be a more positive person" thing. But then again, can a leopard really change its spots? Maybe by venting to the blogosphere, I will be able to more easily achieve my positive outlook.

Other potential categories: Perfecting my photography hobby (although there will be a separate blog for this), Crafting (most likely I'd end up skipping the days I had to post about crafts…), life in Baltimore City, Career Woes…

So what do you think blogosphere? What would YOU like to read? Do you like my random babbly posts? Would structure be helpful? Any suggested topics?

I guess I could quickly recap my weekend for people (in case everyone likes my suggested structure). Friday - I saw 'Wanted' but you'll have to wait until Wednesday for my review. Saturday was jam packed with lots of random errands, second shooting with Maria and Drew and then a celebration of Courtney's big 3-0. I miss hanging with her and those girls so it was nice seeing them. Sunday was Ronny's bridal shower and holy hell - I think her entire registry was purchased! I'll post pics from her shower soon.

I also cooked my first dinner since January (yes, I figured it out - I hadn't cooked dinner in 7 months) but I'll chat about that tomorrow…

9 comments:

addy said...

I have a hard time sticking to certain things on certain days. For example I was going to make Thursdays my photo day at one point. But then a Thursday rolled around that I wanted to talk about something else, instead. So I just settled on the general features I'd have sometimes. Good luck!

So, do you guys have your photo blog up yet? I wanna see!

Nanette said...

I find that whenever any blogger declares that they're going to stick to some sort of editorial schedule, they never do. It's nice if you're able to do it when you can, but I wouldn't make any promises about it. ;)

I, personally, like the randomness, but that's 'cuz I'm a similar blogger in that regard.

willikat said...

i like the randomness. maybe you could keep ideas in your back pocket for days you just don't have it in you to come up with something random and funny or whatever. otherwise, i think you have a good range of topics and i'd read them!

Anonymous said...

A while back i tried to structure my blog but I found that I was too impatient about things. And some of the days I couldn't think of anything to say! Bah! I hope it works for you.

S said...

I'm pretty random myself so I don't mind the randomness. I'm interested in your photography! I'm hoping to do more of it myself so I've decided to try Photo Friday to get my butt in gear. (www.photofriday.com)

Kate said...

I like the randomness - it makes it more fun to read your blog when I have no idea what you're going to talk about! However, I do like reading about food so I'd like to hear more recipes!

La Petite Chic said...

I actually like the randomness :) I try to have "Fabulous Find Friday" on my blog but rarely get around to it. It's hard to stay structured when you want to write about something else!

Anonymous said...

I like the randomness!

Eludius said...

I love the randomness of your blog. Don't change a thing. I don't want to come in knowing what to expect.