Monday, August 25, 2008

I am getting too old for this and other weekend happenings

This weekend was chock full of wedding related activities. Saturday night was Ronny's bachelorette party and Sunday was Kristin's surprise bridal shower. Since I was one of the hosts of Kristin's shower, I vowed not to drink much at Ronny's bachelorette party.

I didn't think not drinking much would be a problem since I haven't really been partying like it's 1999 since well… let's just say it's been awhile. I gave The Mr some grief last weekend about drinking too much at Zach's bachelor party and even went so far as to say I was "disappointed" in his drinking debauchery.

Well I am now eating my words.

The evening started off innocently enough with me not feeling like drinking but I decided just to have one vodka tonic to be social. And that's when things went very downhill for me… especially since I don't remember half of the evening.

It's kind of scary when you look through pictures on your camera and don't remember taking or being in half of them.

Like this one:


Or this one:


I actually looked at one picture and said, "We went to [insert bar name here]?" Wow. I am too old for this shit.

I definitely paid a very big price for my night out. I couldn't move the next morning without feeling dizzy or like vomiting. And I had to be down at Kristin's aunt's house to set up for the shower.

I spent a good portion of the morning laying on the bathroom floor, followed by the kitchen floor and then laying in the bathtub as the shower pelted me with water.

It took every thing I had (and a lot of prodding from The Mr) to muster up the energy to get into my car and drive over to Kristin's aunt's house. I felt like such an ass too. I spent so much time planning and organizing this shower… bombarding bridesmaids and mothers with detailed e-mails… and then I crapped the bed the day of the shower.

I was an hour late getting to the house to set up. Michelle thankfully got there an hour early. I like to think this cancelled out my lateness.

I forgot to pick up flowers and other random things I thought would be nice touches to the shower. I don't think anyone noticed though.

I got sick about 10 minutes after I got to the house. Classy.

If it weren't for Michelle, I think the day would have fallen apart. I owe that girl my life! Kristin was surprised, tears were shed (but not by me… that's what happens when you're horribly dehydrated. You can't shed tears. Or pee. Or move) and I think most people had a good time.

I channeled my inner Martha Stewart and was a crafty bitch but I'll blog about that in detail tomorrow.

6 comments:

willikat said...

This happened to me one time too. I didn't black out or anything, but damn, I was SO HUNGOVER for the shower the next day that I had to leave early. And I drove the bride. Yeah.
Also, that first photo? I have a few of me like that too. And, uh, they always mark blurry moments.

addy said...

Wow. I think that's more hung over than I've ever been in my life! Got some cute pics though!!!

maria said...

ohmigoodness, you look ridiculously adorable and happy in that second pic :-) i love it. can't wait to see the crafts!

Noelle said...

I got confused for a minute, because this Sunday I went to my friend Kristin's bridal shower. But it was not a surprise, so I suppose it's possible that two people named Kristin in two parts of the country could have a bridal shower on the same day...

Kate said...

Hahaaa hilarious. But that is the absolute worst feeling when you HAVE to be somewhere. Ian has done this to me a few times - when we've had must things to do, and he gets wasted by accident and I end up having to do the musts by myself. It equals me not being a happy camper. But I've had my share of those times as well, so can't really complain that much!

Stacy said...

haven't you learned yet that you can't go out and say "I'm only going to have a few drinks" It's just glutton for punishment!!