Thursday, October 23, 2008

One Thing I Love About Being in a Wedding…

... is getting my hair and makeup done. Call it the girl in me - I just like being doted on and getting glammed up. It's especially awesome when the bride pays for it.  Love ya, Kristin and Ronny!

I usually seize this opportunity to go for something I couldn't do to myself - this generally means a dramatic eye with poufy hair. I love poufy hair. I had a nice pouf for Ronny's wedding but too many people asked me if I just copied my own wedding hairstyle. I knew I had to abandon the big pouf for Kristin's wedding.

So - I started pouring over celebrity pictures and came across Michelle Williams from the Oscars a few years ago. I have always loved this hairstyle but wasn't sure if I could pull it off:


I bring you my Maid of Honor hair:




It's a messy side bun with Hasidic Jew side curls.


I wasn't crazy about my side tendrils but overall I liked the hair. It was different for me.

Oh and the pics are from Kristin's awesome wedding photographer Evan Bishop.

You can view her wedding pic slideshow here.

I've always said that Evan was the wedding photographer I wished that I would have hired for my own wedding. I didn't discover his work until well after we booked and paid the deposit on our photog.

I still stand by that statement although he's #2. If Maria was shooting weddings around the time I was getting hitched, she'd be my #1 choice. Then Evan.

I was slightly disappointed that there weren't more pictures of the crazy dancing that took place. Seriously - I danced my ass off. Tom was trying to show me some coordinated dance moves that involved lots of spins and some swings (that resulted in my flashing Jackson AND Kristin's families). There was also an incident of me doing a backwards tumble on the dancefloor (in a dress… I'm a classy girl, I know) and Tom dancing over me. I didn't realize how scandalous it looked (me on the floor shaking around with my head at Tom's crotch level… hot stuff) until I saw Evan snap a photo. Ha! And I wasn't even drunk. Those were my real dance moves…

Regardless - their wedding was a blast. Steve cried like a baby throughout the ceremony and his best man speech, Geoff got PLASTERED (love ya, Geoff!), Jamie and Tom wore me out on the dancefloor and The Mr got a wedding off from having to dance with me.

What do you love about being in a wedding? And don't say anything sappy like standing by your best pal! We all know that.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You looked gorgeous! :)

La Petite Chic said...

Love the hair-do! I love being in or going to weddings because it gives me an excuse to dress up! :)

Kate said...

I actually saw the pics on facebook and thought your hair looked awesome!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed looking at the pics...I love weddings and really enjoy getting ready with the bridal party - it's always so festive and filled with such great energy.

mainlyclearskies said...

I love being in a wedding b/c even tho you're not the bride, you still get special attention. Lots of free booze (at those with cash bars), and everyone makes exceptions for you b/c you're "in the wedding!".

I love your maid of honor hair!

Allie said...

I LOVE that hair! Beautiful!

My best friend got married in August, and had fire dancers at her wedding. She also wore a Betsy Johnson retro 80's mini dress, because she's just that awesome.

That's the best I can do without getting incredibly sappy about it.

willikat said...

oh yeah, the glamminess of weddings and being a part of the party is great. i also love poufy hair.

i honestly like making the pal happy and actually caring about the wedding. i know, i know, that comment was supposed to be banned.

Z said...

Oh, I love the hair! Gorgeous!!!

maria said...

you looked so freaking beautiful! LOVE the hair. and evan's slideshow of kristin and jackson is awesome. looks like you guys had a blast! that song is so sweet it makes me want to cry.