Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Health Russian Roulette

This is the first year in a very long time that I've decided I'm not going to get a flu shot. I've never really been a fan of getting a flu shot because I've always subscribed to the belief that killing off a particular germ/virus will only make room for the mutant germs/viruses to grow.

I don't really use Purell or any hand-sanitizer unless I'm left with no options for cleaning my hands based on my belief.

Yeah yeah, it sounds crazy. Just don't tell my mom I didn't get a flu shot. I'll never hear the end of it.

I've also stopped taking Aleve. I've been getting a lot of headaches from staring at a computer screen for 8 hours a day and realized that I was taking too many Aleve pills. I'm powering through the headaches and so far I think it's working out for me.

I'm playing a little Russian roulette with my health right now. I'm saying no to flu shots. No to pain relievers.

And wouldn't you know it? I'm sick. My throat is swollen and it hurts to swallow. I feel like I've been hit by a car.

But - I only purchased Airborne and some throat drops. We'll see how this works out. I hate being sick.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I finally got a flu shot this year, so I guess we've switched!

And are you getting enough water? That could be a source of your headaches.

Noelle said...

I went with the excessive hand-washing program last year, and managed to go the winter without a cold, but I've never thought to get a flu shot.

Also, I just don't get how Airborne works. In my mind, I prefer medicines that were invented by scientists, not schoolteachers. If you told me that it was recommended by schoolteachers, then maybe...