Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Fun with Photoshop

Okay, I don't claim to be very... how do you say... photo editing inclined? I'm trying.

The Mr. and I found some tutorials online (and got some awesome links from Maria) about editing photos. Our favorite look is that of Lomography. Aside from shelling out the few hundred bucks for a lomography camera (and learning how to develop pictures in a darkroom... which would entail getting access to a darkroom), there are many ways in which a person can fake this effect. Through Photoshop! Its magic.

Anywho - we took a stab at it.

Actually, I was logging onto the computer to play around with it and was pleasantly surprised to see The Mr. was playing around with effects earlier today:

Isn't he so cute?

Following this tutorial, I tried my hand at editing some photos (and I accidentally skipped a few steps) of Kristin and Jackson (not very GOOD photos):




So, as you can see... The Mr. is better at this photo editing stuff. But hey - I'm in school! I don't really have time for hobbie. Argh... the competitor in me wants to work on my skills so that I can out-edit him. Ha! But in my defense, the pics I was editing had very very bright lights hence the crazy contrast.

Oy - this photography stuff is addicting.

4 comments:

maria said...

sweeet!! i love what you've done so far! lomography is one of my favs, too. be careful, this stuff sucks you in...i've wasted entire days on editing :) i wanna see more!

Jamie said...

Aww...you two are so cute :)
Keep up the good work with the pics...I'm loving your new hobby

Terri: said...

you did a great job for your first time out of the gate editing. :) keep it up and soon you'll be an editing fool.

Scooter McFly said...

i think you did an amazing job! you have that pic of kristen and jackson standing against the brick wall in their bare feet listed under the "not very GOOD photos" but i actually REALLY like that one. i think it's one of the more artistic ones and i could see that picture used in some sort of advertisement. all the photos look great and i may have to take some lessons from you guys.

<3 you and miss you.