Saturday, November 24, 2007

So...

Its been 3 days since I found out I had to have most of my project completed by Wednesday and I still really haven't done much for it. And I am still freaking out. FREAKING OUT. I know the high-level stuff but I have no idea how I'm going to execute this project technically. The "programmer" of the group sucks ass and has not been responsive to all e-mail communication. The other guy, who is also not technical, has been a little responsive but we're both scratching out heads.

I've googled everything I can on creating a prediction model as it relates to classification and data mining in Excel and found a few notes here and there but I AM NOT A PROGRAMMER! Yarg!

The good news is that I've completed my other project so I can scratch that off my list. And I guess this sort of last minute stress is what makes me feel young again. Oh the good old days when I was in my early twenties waiting until the last minute to write 30 page papers. Oh yes... what fun.

Anywho - I thought I'd post some pics from Thanksgiving, just because.

The Tofurkey:

Yeah yeah... I know it looks a little weird but I thought it was very good. The box had a recipe to prepare it that called for an olive oil/soy sauce glaze and some vegetables. Very tasty.

My version of Martha Stewart's Roasted Vegetables:

I thoroughly enjoyed this one as well but The Mr. didn't really like it. My mom did though.

The end of the night...

Check out that beard! Project Beard is looking good. My mom even gave it a thumbs up! My dad laughed and shook his head.

Oh and we actually ended the night watching Hairspray, the new one that took a classic and shit all over it. If you hated the original movie or haven't seen it - maybe you'll like this version. If you love the original, like me, you'll hate this and you'll especially hate John Travolta's role (and if you live in Baltimore, you'll REALLY be offended by his awful 'Baltimore' accent).

Alright, back to work!

6 comments:

Jamie said...

I wasn't a big fan of the new Hairspray either. I loathe John Travolta so I went into it with a bias anyway. I thought the new Tracey was pretty good though (obviously no Ricki Lake)

Good luck wih your projects...both for school and the Mr's beard :)

Anonymous said...

that tofurkey is so damn cute.

Terri: said...

i loved the original Hairspray and, i have to admit, that i enjoyed the new one. but now i view them as two completely different movies versus a remake of the original.

Anonymous said...

that pic of the mr. and your doggies is very cute :-)

i tried watching the new hairspray, but i kept comparing it to the original and thinking about how much better it is... they shouldn't have messed with a good thing.

Eludius said...

I was offended that the "New" Hairspray was filmed in Toronto and not Baltimore. Booo!! That's just like the movie Annapolis being filmed in Philadelphia. Booo!! There's no ship building yard on the other side of the Severn. You they trying to fool?!

Scooter McFly said...

i have yet to see the new hairspray and i honestly doubt i will. i don't want to see a classic--in your terms--shit all over, so i think i'll pass ... at least until it hits HBO or starz.

the tofurkey looks, um, interesting. i'm sure it tasted great tho with your delicate asian touch. you're an asian, tofurkey rockin' goddess! happy thanksgiving (late)!