Monday, January 14, 2008

Bad Customer Service

Because I praised the great customer service I was recently the happy recipient of (although perhaps I shouldn't be singing their praises SO soon since I just mailed my damaged purse on Saturday...) but now I feel that I must discuss some bad customer service.

Actually - The Mr was the one who had to deal with the bad customer service and I was horrified to hear that it was one of my favorite stores that provided it! Urban Outfitters is one of my favorite online stores. They've got such a great mix of quirky and functional stuff that I can't resist. I think I shop from this site more than any other.

I know its a real store and I love the one in Georgetown - its just too damn far away. I'm not crazy about going to the one that just opened up in the Baltimore Inner Harbor. Its full of Emo teens that think they're too cool for school and they make me want to scream I've been shopping with this company for over 10 years! Step off! God I'm old.

Anywho - The Mr mentioned that he had purchased a Christmas gift for me on December 15th, paid for 2-day priority and it never made it. He was freaking out a bit and it seems that the package was lost. But HE had to do the searching to find this out and he was none too pleased. He purchased me this fantastic Holga camera:


He called right before Christmas and they said they'd call back within 10 days... and they didn't. He called them AGAIN and they finally said they'd send another. When he asked if he'd be refunded the 2-day shipping he paid for the customer rep responded, "But we're sending this to you 2-day priority...?" to which he responded, "Yeah but I paid for it on December 15th. Its now January 11th."

The customer rep said she'd put in a claim with another dept. He is furious. What sucks is that he called me Friday to tell me that I could no longer shop there right after I placed an online order. Oops.

5 comments:

CAG Incognito said...

OH NO!! I too am a lover of 'the Urb' , but not for their customer service. lol Contrary to your situation, I do shop in the store and most of the time it's full of total snobs. I mean I have my own diva-like tendencies, but damn! It's so hard because I love the clothes so I try to continuously tell myself the store rep snoots are just mad because they work retail and because I'm so fab...lol I digress

Tell the Mr. there's no need to ban you from the store because the phone rep was a complete idiot. That would just be wrong! :-) However, what he should do is call back and ask to speak to a manager and then if the manager doesn't comply and ask to speak to his boss. Then he should ask for names. (That always scares those fuckers)

If the mister isn't up for the phone catfight, just let me know and I'll do it! :-)

Kate said...

You could also contact your credit card company and tell them the issue, and they can refuse to pay that amount.

Scooter McFly said...

that camera looks so cool and i'd be very interested to see the outcome of some of the photos. it sucks--in a bad way--that they failed to send it to you guys in a prompt fashion and then they gave the mr. horrible service. bleh. they should rot in hell.

Anonymous said...

oooh, i've been wanting that holga camera! the mr. is a good gift giver.

and i'm totally with you on the "I've been shopping with this company for over 10 years! Step off!" they shouldn't have opened one in baltimore. g-town is where it's at!

Anonymous said...

oops, i pressed the enter key too soon. that last comment was from me :-)