Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Yarg! Stupid Group Lunches!

So I'm going to be a whiny brat for a minute.

I hate group lunches at the office. Hate them. Why? I work with a group of some of the cheapest mofos I have ever met. Even so - I'm generally too polite to cause a stir and suck it up to OVERpay my share just to keep things kosher.

I've pretty much hit my limit today. Why did my $8 sandwich end up costing me $16? oh yeah, because I'm paying for a portion of everyone else's meals, the appetizer that you didn't even SHARE and your drinks! Fun fun.

Assholes.

6 comments:

Nanette said...

Ugh, that's the WORST!

CAG Incognito said...

LMAO!!! Yeah that shit was definitely out of order. Next time (and every time going forward) you should order the most expensive item on the menu; even if it has meat in it! Fuck it! YOU DESERVE REPARATION!!

I can't stop laughing!

Anonymous said...

I always hated group lunches because it was all super tech people and only three of us had social skills enough to talk to each other while eating.

Oh yeah, and one guy chewed with the outside of his face. figure that one out.

mainlyclearskies said...

That is such BS! I hate group lunches just b/c I spend my working hours w/ these people - I don't want to spend my free time with them too. Jackasses.

Le Petit Chic said...

Oh, I hate that so much! My husband and I have started carrying cash with us just for the purpose of not being overcharged at group lunches and dinners. It's so annoying.

nicole antoinette said...

I wind up overpaying ALL the time. Group meals suck for exactly this reason.