The Lebanese Taverna was one of the few restaurants offering a vegetarian cuisine in their limited menu for Baltimore Restaurant Week. And it was hip, new and in the ever-growing Harbor East area on B-more.
I'm not sure what else to say about dinner. I felt bad for The Mr. because he couldn't really eat much due to his crazy diet/workout thing that he's doing but he was a sport to still hang out. My meal was okay. It wasn't anything to die for but I am still going to give this place another shot at knocking my socks off.
I had an appetizer of hommus that was delicious but not amazing and then had the Mehshi Bel Zeit (vegetables of the day stuffed with rice, tomato and pine nuts, served over a tomato sauce). It kind of looked like a big turd.
It was a delicious big turd. Ryan was complaining that there were no pine nuts. I didn't notice but he was STILL talking about his missing pine nuts this morning.
I then had their ice cream sampler for dessert (it consisted of amazing pistachio, raspberry-pomegranite and vanilla-cardamom flavors):
Geoff had some weird cheese thing drizzled in ORANGE BLOSSOM SYRUP (it was strangely bolded on the menu like that).
Anywho... the dinner was delightful and the conversation was scandalous! It ranged from being accused of sleeping with one's own father (don't ask... but rest assured that there were no confessions of incest), injuring yourself for the sake of pleasure and secret toy chests.
Group shot!
Geoff and I made it a point to touch since we felt so detached from each other in this photo. We're usually cheek to cheek emoting in all of our pics.
6 comments:
THERE WAS NO CRUNCH... seriously, the flavor was good, the sinnamon rice was great, and while it looked a little like a turd it, it was just kinda mushy. If I was 87 and had no teeth the meal would have been just fine, but I like texture every so often.
And I love the new header (we should center it though)
PS, it was also supposed to have tomatoes in the stuffing. We got Hosed Kim... We Got Hosed.
Consider yourself lucky Brick because those pinenuts in the breadpudding had my ass glued to the toilet all weekend!! Ugh!(Complainers!) lol
lmao...CAG you kill me!!
I love the new header too, but agree that we need to center it.
I had sooo much fun at dinner, we need to do these more often
Fun! I like your reaching out to touch Geoff. :-)
I love how you girls are wearing hot pink, and the boys are wearing coordinating browns and reds. You're a cute bunch :)
Post a Comment