Thursday, April 24, 2008

She Bangs!

I'm pretty lazy when it comes to getting my hair cut. Its such a hassle to me. While I hate having long, stick straight hair (seriously... its so flat and boring), I also hate the hassle of having to style a short 'do (like I've had in the past).

I took a big leap a couple of years ago and got some Nicole Ritchie-esque bangs. They were long and swept to the side. I've had that for a little over 2 years and it was time for a change.

I went to my stylist, Diana, yesterday and asked, "Be honest. Would I look stupid with bangs that went straight across my face?" She took a look at me and said no. And I figured if I hated it, its just hair and it'll grow back.

I got bangs. Like for real, straight across bangs.

She cut them a tad bit short and I think its because my hair had been down in the front all day when she cut them. But when I went to blow dry my hair this morning? I blow dry my hair upside down for that extra bounce that never actually seems to last more than 5 minutes. I didn't take into consideration that I have shorter bangs. It took me a good 10 minutes just to get them to lay flat after having dried my hair upside down.

Oy.

So... there you have it. I'm bringing back my 4 year old self.


Oh and as Sean pointed out, I look WAY more asian.

12 comments:

Kate said...

I do agree with Sean. That picture is so dark it's hard to see - but I think you can totally rock them!

Le Petit Chic said...

So cute! I love it! I sported the bangs all the way up until middle school. Now I have long, sideswept ones, but after looking at yours, I might just have to get them cut a little shorter.

Anonymous said...

it looks good!

Nanette said...

Oh la la! Very nice!

Michelle and the City said...

the title of the post cracks me up. now i'm singing ricky martin!

love the 'do ;)

maria said...

you are HOT, woman! you do look more asian. we all need to embrace our yellowness. if i changed back to my 4 year old hairstyle, it would be a bowl cut. yours is so much cooler! love it :)

Z said...

Love the bangs!!!

I'm considering a haircut, too, but I don't know if I'll be that daring...

MMC said...

Very cute :)

Anonymous said...

I try the bangs look every four years or so. And about a month later I'm so annoyed with them that I just start pinning them back and muttering that I'll never cut bangs again. I hope you have better luck! :)

Girl from Pennsylvania said...

OH! I love the bangs.


She moves. She moves.

Liz said...

I think the bangs are hot! Though I do agree with Sean. :)

smack said...

You look HOT. Perfect length. You look like you're sexy pervert for real.