Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Name is Just Twink!

This past weekend was Zach & Ronny's wedding. I'm kind of bummed that I forgot to take my point & shoot to the reception with me. So if you have pictures, share them with me!

Aaanywho - what can I say? I heart Zach & Ronny and was very honored to be a part of their day. Even though I spent the morning OF the wedding paddling my little heart out in the pouring rain, I was able to warm up and glam up in time for their nuptuals.

Just to make things easy, here are some highlights from the weekend:

1. I heart Zach's parents. Seriously. If I could adopt another family, I would adopt his. I'm always so happy to see them.

2. The rehearsal dinner locale was fantastic and dinner was delish. They picked Amicci's in Little Italy. The Mr and I got there ass early so we wondered around and snapped some photos.


3. I was (mostly) on time to meet at Ronny's hotel room. Paddle practice wasn't great and we got our asses handed to us in a scrimmage... but I was worried about being super late to the hotel.

4. I went from looking like a drenched homeless woman to a glam bridemaid.

I realize I look angry in this picture but it was because I couldn't take a self portrait. It figures that the only clear self portrait is of me looking like I'm crapping myself.

5. Ronny's wedding flowers are hands down the prettiest flowers I have ever frickin' seen. I didn't know that Calla lillies came in yellow? They contrasted fabulously with the bridesmaid dresses.


6. Ronny was frickin' gorgeous!


7. Zach was so nervous! His shaking hands made me choke up during their ceremony.

8. Old people can party down. The reception was supposed to end at 10pm but the old folks were partying so hard that they decided to extend it to midnight! I didn't even last that long!

9. Okay this isn't a highlight... this is a bit of a gripe (sorry friends). The last 2 weddings I've attended have addressed me by the wrong name on my place card. I'm just Twink. I'm not Twinkellina. I just assumed this was common knowledge but it's becoming apparent that it's not. Friends - it's just Twink.

10. It was hilarious to see how packed the dancefloor was when disco or oldies were played but as soon as "... and the sweat drips off my balls..." comes on, it clears and the older folks just watch the younger folks in horror.

11. Am I the only one surprised to hear tunes about sweat dripping off balls or supersoaking hos at wedding these days? Maybe I'm just more aware now. These songs could have totally been played at my own wedding and I wouldn't have even noticed.

12. What I did notice was that the dj totally ignored my request for "Mr. Roboto"! I couldn't even do my awesome robot dance moves.

13. Some people were TRASHED. I'm not naming any names here but you were hilarious! Maybe a little sweaty from breaking it down on the dancefloor but hilarious.

So another wedding down and 2 more to go...

4 comments:

Kate said...

Crap - did I address you as Mrs. Twinkellina? I don't think I did but I honestly could've accidentally addressed something with Mr. and Mrs. Crap and wouldn't remember!

Anonymous said...

You looked pretty. Angry face and all! :)

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha you are so funny!

Congrats to Ronny and Zach!!!

maria said...

how the heck do you get your hair to do that classy poof thing in the back? love it!