Even with the economy going down the pooper, I'm trying really hard to get into the holiday spirit. It's tough when you get your year-end review and the salary increase doesn't even meet the cost of living increase (but I can't really complain because I should just be happy to have a job) and blah blah blah...
This year, I put the tree up last weekend. In the past, we've waited until the week before Christmas but dammit, I'm getting in the holiday spirit.
We've watched a bunch of holiday movies and whatnot.
I'm feeling holiday happy, dammit!
Okay - not really. And the idea of Christmas shopping is really overwhelming this season. For the first time ever, I have no idea what to get anyone. I've run out of clever gifts. Shopping for parents is a difficult thing especially when they buy whatever they want. Yarg! I am at a loss. My dad? All he asked for was the new Indiana Jones dvd (despite my telling him the movie was so not worth it). The Mr? Don't even get me started on his wishlist:
Playstation 3
Blackberry Storm
Some crazy $700 surround sound system
Um... we're broke.
What are you getting your parents? Your in-laws? Your significant others? I need ideas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm getting Chris the joy of living with me another year ;) Oh and some shoes he wanted for work. We decided not to spend a lot of money on each other.
Brooks and I don't do much for each other usually for Christmas. But we tend to do theme gifts like a night out kind of thing - gift cards for movies, dinner, bowling etc. Or a nite in - popcorn, favorite drink, rental movies gift cards, and maybe something to wear, wink wink.
I'm doing my holiday shopping this weekend... Some gift cards, some books and DVDs, nothing really huge or all that great. Sorry, but that's probably no help :(
The PS3 can be your gift too. It's also a bluray player ya know.
Post a Comment